I can not istall it. RRS feed

• Question

• User234175780 posted

Hi, I did donwload time.vsi file, but when I try to install it, show me this message:

A problem occured while running the installer. Please contact the content author for problems whit the content.

Error message:

La longitud de la cadena no puede ser cero.

Thanks.

Monday, February 26, 2007 12:33 PM

All replies

• User1498347186 posted

It should work fine.

Download from here : http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/eula.aspx?id=89fba3f4-8053-4670-9c11-c365501e37f2

Thursday, March 1, 2007 10:51 PM
  • User555306248 posted

It's working fine man...

what kind of error this is "La longitud de la cadena no puede ser cero."

I mean which language ???

Friday, April 20, 2007 11:54 PM
  • User-55569844 posted

The version download that you cite, Vikram is the same file that I downloaded.

Unfortunately, I have a completely different problem when I attempt to run the project in local debug mode:

Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Generating user instances in SQL Server is disabled. Use sp_configure 'user instances enabled' to generate user instances.

Source Error:

Line 9:  		' Code that runs on application startup
    Line 10: 		If Roles.Enabled Then
    Line 11: 			If (Not Roles.RoleExists("ProjectAdministrator")) Then
    Line 12: 				Roles.CreateRole("ProjectAdministrator")
    Line 13: 			End If

Source File: D:\ZZZ_VISUAL_WEB_DEVELOPER\TimeTracker1\global.asax    Line: 11

Seems a rather cruel joke that a project which is supposed to help familiarize you with features of VWD should have this particular "land mine".

I also got a similar message when attempting to browse the database in VWD/Express, to wit: "Generating user instances in SQL server is disabled. Use 'sp_configure 'user_instances_enabled' to generate user instances."

:(  KevInKauai

Monday, May 28, 2007 8:28 PM
  • User555306248 posted

In the query editor type this text: exec sp_configure 'user instances enabled', 1.

Then type: Reconfigure.

Then restart the SQL Server database.

I suggest you download Management Studio Express if you haven't installed it yet, which is more powerful for executing T-SQL commands as well as managing SQL databases.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:20 AM