WCF Data Services & Azure...Development Fabric Load Balancer stopping RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I'm trying to develop an Azure hosted WCF Data Service and running into trouble when trying to run/debug it on the local development fabric. I've setup a very, very basic order/orderitems Entity Data Model, from that model i created a data service for the Web Role project. When i run the Web Role project directly the service is working as expected but when i try to run it through the Cloud Service project (which deploys it to the local development fabric i get the following message:

Windows Azure Development Fabric Load Balancer has stopped working

and then a messagebox which asks to either stop or debug (strangely when the messagebox is displaying i can post request to the service and i get the expected results back). When debugging i can see the following exception:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException {"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"}

I've got no clue what might by causing this...i hope you do ;-). Running regular ASP.Net & WCF roles works fine.

Thanks,

E

-Tried the above scenario in both VS2008 & VS2010...makes no difference.

-More info: SDK Version 1.1 running on a Windows 7 Ultimate installtion.

Note. As the cause might be related to both Azure or WCF the same question is posted in the Azure forum here http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsazure/thread/fae0bc3e-b3c4-4508-afc4-4430f25e394b also

• Edited by Ellen_B Friday, June 4, 2010 9:05 AM Mentioning of crosspost
    Thursday, June 3, 2010 1:12 PM

Answers

• Well i'm flabbergasted but something magic has happened and everything works fine for now :-).  I've got no clue what might have changed so hopefullly it is a one off glitch.

Vitek, thanks for all the effort and input,

Greetings,

E

• Marked as answer by Ellen_B Friday, June 11, 2010 9:47 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed you posted the same question to Azure forums. THat one is a much better place to get your answer, since the question doesn't seem to be directly related to WCF Data Services.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Friday, June 4, 2010 8:39 AM
  • Hey Vitek,

I hope so...but i've got no problem running regular asp.net or wcf webroles so it feels like it is interrelated some what.

Regards,

E

Friday, June 4, 2010 9:11 AM
  • Hi,

Just one idea, can you please make sure you installed the "Update" release of WCF Data Services - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astoriateam/archive/2010/05/08/ado-net-data-services-update-for-net-framework-3-5-sp1-refresh.aspx?

There's been some issues with the original release and the development app fabric, but I can't really tell if it's what you're hitting.

Thanks,

Vitek Karas [MSFT]
    Friday, June 4, 2010 9:18 AM
  • Thanks Vitek,

I tried it but it didn't solve it.

Greetings,

E

Friday, June 4, 2010 10:43 AM
  • Well i'm flabbergasted but something magic has happened and everything works fine for now :-).  I've got no clue what might have changed so hopefullly it is a one off glitch.

Vitek, thanks for all the effort and input,

Greetings,

E

• Marked as answer by Ellen_B Friday, June 11, 2010 9:47 AM
    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:46 AM