Apache Cordova and missing WebSocket4Net in Visual Studio 2015 CTP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been trying to use Apache Cordova in Visual Studio 2015 CTP, but I'm getting error: "WebSocket4Net, The software is missing from your system. You may also have to configure it after installation.". I've tried:

1. Reinstall Visual Studio 2015 (and deleted previous version - 2013). In the setup I've marked Corodva tools.

2. I found some suggestion to download WebSocket4Net(0.9).Binaries.zip from CodePlex and copy it to specified folder. However, the file WebSocket4Net.dll I've already in the folder c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\WebClient\Diagnostics\ToolWindows

Any idea what can be done yet to fix this problem?

Environment: Windows 7 Professional

Thanks,

Cezary Tomczyk

Sunday, January 18, 2015 3:30 PM

Answers

• Hello Cezary Tomczyk,

The solution from this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn757054.aspx is for Visual Studio 2013 and I'm not sure the version(Download WebSocket4Net(0.9).Binaries.zip from CodePlex.) you download is available for Visual Studio 2015 Preview. At least I saw the latest version is already 0.11.

Since this issue is more than an IDE issue(As you know, since 2015 Preview is beta version and we are also lack of info) please follow the suggestion list on this page:

http://cordova.apache.org/#mailing-list

Either email to get support or use this "If you are a Cordova user looking for help, use the cordova tag on Stack Overflow." They will share more info to you about Cordova.

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, January 26, 2015 3:31 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hello Cezary Tomczyk,

The solution from this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn757054.aspx is for Visual Studio 2013 and I'm not sure the version(Download WebSocket4Net(0.9).Binaries.zip from CodePlex.) you download is available for Visual Studio 2015 Preview. At least I saw the latest version is already 0.11.

Since this issue is more than an IDE issue(As you know, since 2015 Preview is beta version and we are also lack of info) please follow the suggestion list on this page:

http://cordova.apache.org/#mailing-list

Either email to get support or use this "If you are a Cordova user looking for help, use the cordova tag on Stack Overflow." They will share more info to you about Cordova.

Best regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Monday, January 26, 2015 3:31 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 7:24 AM
  • Thank You. I'll go to the Apache page and try to get more details around that problem.

Best regards,

Cezary Tomczyk

Sunday, January 25, 2015 12:44 PM
  • Try to copy C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\WebClient\Diagnostics\ToolWindows\WebSocket4Net.dll

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\WebClient\Diagnostics\ToolWindows\WebSocket4Net.dll

In my case (Visual Studio 2015 Preview, Windows 7 x64) this helps...

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:53 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 5:30 AM
  • This worked for me. Thanks!
    Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:52 PM
  • Good. It works also for me ;)!
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:48 PM