none
Single Channel Memory platform performance RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a problem running my program on platform with single channel memory. 

I use d3dimage and dx9 surface to render video with wpf and it works fine. but when running on platform with single channel memory and 4k monitor, the CPU usage is high(30%-50%) and the overall system CPU usage can be 99%. is there any thing I can do to deal with this situation? 

it's running on Windows 10 and using intel i5 7400, with single channel 8G 2400MHz DRAM.

Thanks

Friday, June 14, 2019 10:45 AM

All replies

• does the system have no dedicated GPU?
    Or did you disable hardware acceleration / are not using the correct driver?
    then rendering is running on the CPU and accessing main memory,
    where the lower throughput might result in the behaviour you see.
    Friday, June 14, 2019 6:50 PM
  • ths system does not have dedicated GPU. As far as I know, the hardware acceleration is enabled? because I can see the GPU usage is high
    Monday, June 17, 2019 8:34 AM

• Hi  Gandalf Demo,

>>but when running on platform with single channel memory and 4k monitor, the CPU usage is high(30%-50%) and the overall system CPU usage can be 99%. is there any thing I can do to deal with this situation? 

>>ths system does not have dedicated GPU. As far as I know, the hardware acceleration is enabled? because I can see the GPU usage is high

It seems you have used a CPU integrated graphics card. Integrated graphics cards take up a portion of memory capacity, So, you should use double channel memory to Improving Processor Speed.

Integrating graphics cards to drive 4K displays will consume most of the performance.

In summary, when you render WPF video, you will use the processors to render it. So, the CPU usage is high.

I suggest you to improve GPU and dual-channel memory.

Best regards

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:56 AM