web design RRS feed

• Question

• I have Expressions 2 and I cannot make each page link to another. The links work

on the home page, but will not link on certain  other pages. I am only designing a

4 page web site, but this is driving me crazy!!

Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:19 PM

All replies

• Is the site published? It helps if we can look at it.

To set up a hyperlink to another page, select the text for the link in Design view or the design pane of Split view, hit the hyperlink icon on the top toolbar, and select the page you want to link to from the dialog box.

Ian Haynes

EW V4 Add-Ins
    EW resources, hints and tips
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:23 PM
  • 1. Read the Forum FAQ and Guidelines - Start Here

2. POST A LINK to the home page

3. (May not be needed, depending upon what's in the home page markup) Provide a list of the actual filenames of the other pages.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:26 PM
  • I guess the first question I would ask is have you actually created a site within EW? Is that site - not file site - open in EW? Are the pages you are trying to create a link to located within that same website on YOUR computer?

To create a hyperlink, highlight the text you want for the link, Insert > hyperlink OR Ctrl + K and browse to the page you want to link to. Click OK. In Code or Split view, check and see what the code says for the link.

Should look something like

<a title="Accessibly Reports" href="accessibility-reports.html">Accessibly Reports</a> 

Pat

Pat Geary - Microsoft MVP

Expression  Web Tutorials & Templates | Expression Web Blog | Migrating from FrontPage to Expression
     - Free EW Community Toolbar - Free Site Templates

Friday, August 12, 2011 2:35 PM