Strange graphical behaviour / Renaming a project RRS feed

• Question

• I have two questions...

1. I sometimes get a rather thick, yellow frame around objects and don't know why or how it got there (not my doing, not intentional in any case). Also, I sometimes get a blue rectangle that spans over several objects (which isn't my doing either). Another strange thing, sometimes I click on one object and the object next to it is selected (and not the object I've clicked on)... Rather frustrating. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've been told that I should select via the "calques" or layers rather than directly on the graphical representation, however, I find all of this very annoying. Any suggestions?

2. How can you rename an entire project? "Saving as..." doesn't seem to exist, nor does "Export as..." etc.

Many thanks.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:18 PM

All replies

•  1. We are drastically improving the selection model in the future, so bear with us for now :). The "yellow frame" indicates the insertion point, the position in the tree where elements are getting inserted. The blue highlights are selection related.

Regarding your observation on elements not getting selected when clicked on, if you could share a simple XAML repro, we can investigate.

2. We don't have the ability to rename a project where we fixup the names in XAML and code, but we do have the ability to "Save Solution Copy..." which creates a physical duplicate of your work so you can work on another version of it.

Thanks,
    Unni
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 12:21 AM
  • Will renaming an entire project be available in the Blend 3 final release? It's driving me nuts not being able to do this.

Thanks.
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:22 PM