Err deploying to SSIDB on Azure MI RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to deploy package from VS 2017 to Azure MI SSISDB. But it failed with the below err msg. Works from VS2015

Failed to deploy the project. Try again later. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

------------------------------
    For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=12.00.2000&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=27118&LinkId=20476

Server Name: 
    Error Number: 27118
    Severity: 16
    State: 1
    Procedure: internal.prepare_deploy
    Line Number: 88

Program Location:

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Common.ObjectModel.SqlHelper.ExecuteSQLCommand(SqlStoreConnection storeConnection, CommandType cmdType, String cmdText, SqlParameter[] parameters, ExecuteType execType, Int32 commandTimeout)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.IntegrationServices.CatalogFolder.DeployProject(String projectName, Byte[] projectStream)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.Model.DeployExportProjectHelper.DeployProject(CatalogFolder folder, Project project)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.Model.DeploymentModel.Deploy(CatalogFolder folder, Project project)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.Model.DeploymentModel.DeployProject()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Deployment.DeployProjectPage.DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)
       at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:47 PM

All replies

• I was looking into the error .

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

and I feel like that there is some connectivity issues . Since its is a managed instance , please jump on the server and try to connect to the different data source , i am pretty sure some of them are having connectivity issues. Please let me know how it goes .

Thanks Himanshu

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:34 PM
  • Just checking back to see if the issue is resolved and if yes can you please share the resolution with the community.

Thanks Himanshu

Friday, August 16, 2019 5:40 PM
  • Hello Willtwc ,

I did tried few things on my side and unfortunately was unable to repro the issue  , I was just checking you are still blocked ?

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:09 PM