SignalR WinForms RRS feed

• Question

• User-1602022852 posted

Hello,

I am new with SignalR.  I have a selfhost SignalR hub running using Owin.  I have sucessfully been to call a method from my WinForm application.  The problem that I am having is after the second call the the signalR server my winform application is locking up.  Any ideas or suggesstions? 

I have installed the following Nuget packages on my winform client:

- Microsoft.AspNet.SignalR.Client  V2.2.0
    - SignalR.Client.TypedHubProxy  V3.0.1
    - Newtonsoft.Json V8.0.1

Sample Call to server:

Dim value As ProductVision.IBroadcaster.UserSessionInfo = Nothing
    value = Me._hubProxy.Call(Function(hub) hub.GetUserSessionInfo())

I call the above code a second time (or any other method call to signalR server) my winform application will lock up.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:39 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi rpanosh,

The following link shows how to create a SignalR server and client in WinForms and WPF, you could refer to it.

https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Using-SignalR-in-WinForms-f1ec847b

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:48 AM
  • User-1602022852 posted

Thanks for the reply.  I have already referred to this link.  I have my client and server working.  My problem is after I make a call to return some data (that is the key) the second time my code will lockup on the .Wait().   Here is a simple call that will return used license count.

Dim getUsedLicenseCountTask As System.Threading.Tasks.Task(Of Integer) =
        _hubProxy.Invoke(Of Integer)("GetUsedLicenseCount"New System.Object() {})

getUsedLicenseCountTask.Wait()

Dim count As System.Int32 =
        getUsedLicenseCountTask.Result

getUsedLicenseCountTask.Dispose()

If I call this same code a second time, right after the previous, it will lockup on the following line:

getUsedLicenseCountTask.Wait()

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:24 PM
  • User-1602022852 posted

Additional information.  I put a break point in the SignalR server (self hosted owin) method GetUsedLicenseCount() and it never stops on the second call.  So it looks like it is never making it the the server.

Rob

Thursday, January 14, 2016 2:13 PM