none
Windows API 3rd Party Application Capture RRS feed

• Question

• It is just a recent problem I have had with the new version of Windows 10, there is a lot more I do with the implementation which no longer works such as running analysis, and finish type things on a per program basis, GetWindowLong, HetWindowLongIntPtr and SetWindow to grab a program and run it in its own panel which for some reason only runs a few programs correctly in win10, It may have to do with the 64 bit processes, I am not sure, I can not find the correct pointers in the MSDN to the possible updated API in which I may need to use, if anyone can help me out on that it would be greatly appreciated, as it stands for the moment, it captures notepad, wordpad, IE sometimes and a couplke more programs. I need to get this one figured out had no problem with earlier versions of windows. and I want to work not as a VM OS but VM per program because I am also running Linux and Mac programs in the same way so Simulation Emulation. Whatever, I have many reasons to do what I do. and it is all for personal use.

just need the direction to the API because it is native, used to work on different versions of windows, and is not working properly in C# VB or CPP on Win10

Friday, January 19, 2018 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hi TomFoolery,

According to your description, it seems that it is Windows 10 issue, I would suggest that you post a feedback on the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/27932/windows-10-send-us-feedback

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 7:06 AM