How To write Custom Scheduler adapter like FILE in Biztalk 2013R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I need to write a custom biz talk adapter like FILE which can be scheduled at different intervals for eg at 5PM,8PM ,or Monday,Wednesday. Means it can run at different intervals in a day.

I am writing first time , so any help will be appreciable.

Anagh

anagh

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:11 AM

Answers

• Eventlog throws error :Path not accessible , however i gave all rights to folder and removed Read only

Please make sure you have given read/write property and the same user have accessing the folder which is configured for BizTalk server. Issue is more related to access issue.

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Anagh Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Anagh,

Did you had look at  BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter by community, if not then I would suggest having look at it -- it should serve your purpose.

But if you have looked at it and want to go ahead creating new adapter, then you can look at source code of above adapter (https://biztalkscheduledtask.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest)  for reference/get started.

____

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|Installing Microsoft Azure BizTalk Services SDK

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Requirements:
    The Scheduled Task Adapter v5.0.4 is optimized and designed to be used with BizTalk Server 2013 R2 (Compiled in .NET Framework 4.5).

*V5.0.4
    • Bug fixes
      • Bug: TimeSchedule didn't respect the start date defined in the receive location, instead it was using the host instance starting date after a restart

Note: The version change from V5.0 to V5.0.4 because some internal versions where made

V5.0 Change log:
    • Compiled in Visual Studio 2013 and .NET Framework 4.5.
    • Optimized for BizTalk Server 2013 R2.
    • Support for 32 and 64 bit Host Instances.
    • Bug fixes
      • Bug: Issues multiple messages for timespan with more than 60 seconds – Solved
      • Bug: XmlStringStreamProvider task page properties not showing XML Text Editor Box – Solved
      • Bug: FileStreamProvider task page properties not showing Open File Dialog Box – Solved
      • Bug: SQLStreamProvider task page properties not showing Data Link properties Box to easy configure the SQL Connection string – Solved
      • Bug: Find task window showing all task components disabled – Solved
    • Improvements
      • SQLStreamProvider task now enables you to define SQL Timeout property - credits to MACoronado
      • Tasks Properties are now better organized and with better descriptions
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:26 AM
  • Thanks Mahesh

Is it a free adapter.Or we need to buy a licence version

anagh

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 6:52 AM
  • Hi Anagh,

Yes, it's free.

For reference, how to use you can check following post: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25101.biztalk-server-scheduling-orchestration-using-trigger-message.aspx

---------

Maheshkumar S Tiwari|User Page|Blog|Installing Microsoft Azure BizTalk Services SDK

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:08 AM
  • I have downloaded the adapter and configured in BT admin console. How can I configure to pick message from File location

anagh

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:22 AM
  • I have downloaded the adapter and configured in BT admin console. How can I configure to pick message from File location

anagh

Hi Anagh,

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25101.biztalk-server-scheduling-orchestration-using-trigger-message.aspx

In above article already mentioned you need to create two receive locations.

The application needs two receive locations – one for receiving order message and another one with a schedule for Trigger message.

RLOrderFile : Receive location to receive files on which processing is to be done.
    RLTriggerFile : Receive location from where the trigger file will be received

Please refer the article for solution and configuration.

Thanks,

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:34 AM
  • Hi

In my scenario i have orchestration deployed on prod. Just i need to change the configuration path and adapter.

However Schedule adapter is not picking file from file loc. I am giving Filename as c:\Test\IN

anagh

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:23 AM
  • Hi

In my scenario i have orchestration deployed on prod. Just i need to change the configuration path and adapter.

However Schedule adapter is not picking file from file loc. I am giving Filename as c:\Test\IN

anagh

Have you configure the schedule and Task as per given article, And are you getting any error in Event log? Please confirm.

Thanks,

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:33 AM
  • Hi I have selected class by browsing toTask components and selected FILEStraem

in FILENAME tab given path C:\Test\IN.

In schedule i set today date and current time.

Eventlog throws error :Path not accessible , however i gave all rights to folder and removed Read only

anagh

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Eventlog throws error :Path not accessible , however i gave all rights to folder and removed Read only

Please make sure you have given read/write property and the same user have accessing the folder which is configured for BizTalk server. Issue is more related to access issue.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Anagh Thursday, December 17, 2015 7:40 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:54 AM
  • Thanks Kamlesh

It is working now

anagh

Monday, December 28, 2015 10:51 AM