No Common folder

Question

• Hello

I see a lot of tutorial refering to the common folder, however when I create a new projet, I have an Asset folder but no Common folder. For instance, I would like to use the BackButtonStyle static resource, but I can't find it.

<Button Click="GoBack" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0"
                IsEnabled="{Binding ElementName=frame, Path=CanGoBack}"
                Style="{StaticResource BackButtonStyle}"></Button>

Can you help with this?

Thanks a lot,

Mickaël.

Saturday, February 8, 2014 8:57 PM

Answers

• The Common folder is not included in the blank app template. It is included in the other templates and will be added if you include page types which depend on it.

The BackButtonStyle (and other app bar button styles) are out of date and no longer used for Windows 8.1 apps. Instead they are replaced by the AppBarButton classes. See Quickstart: Adding app bar buttons . These do not have a dependency on the AppBar and can be used anywhere. The multi-page templates (Grid, Split, Hub, etc.) demonstrate using AppBarButtons as back buttons.

--Rob

Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:18 PM

All replies

• I think that it is created when you add a "Basic Page" to your project. I have always just been copying the common folder from project to project..

The BackButtonStyle should be defined in the Common\StandardStyles.xaml

Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:43 PM
  • The Common folder is not included in the blank app template. It is included in the other templates and will be added if you include page types which depend on it.

The BackButtonStyle (and other app bar button styles) are out of date and no longer used for Windows 8.1 apps. Instead they are replaced by the AppBarButton classes. See Quickstart: Adding app bar buttons . These do not have a dependency on the AppBar and can be used anywhere. The multi-page templates (Grid, Split, Hub, etc.) demonstrate using AppBarButtons as back buttons.

--Rob

Saturday, February 8, 2014 10:18 PM