Fullscreen Tool Button in Title Bar

Question

• Hi,

I'm developing with the Developer Preview. I notice that several Windows 10 Apps have a tool button next to the minimize, restore, maximize buttons that is used to toggle full screen on and off. Its a diagonal double sided arrow. I don't get that for free in my Windows Store Application apparently. What do I have to do to get that tool button in my app?

Thanks

Brian

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 1:48 PM

Answers

• I see what happened, the project you sent me is the result of the Windows 10 template, as you can see in the following screenshot:

The template that adds the full screen toggle button that you describes, is in a different template, as you can see in the following screenshot:

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by duffybr Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hello duffybr, What version of VS are you using? Currently with Visual Studio 2015 CTP6 you have that button for free in Universal Applications template. You can download it from here https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downloads/visual-studio-2015-ctp-vs.aspx

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:22 PM
  • Yeah I am using VS 2015 CTP 6 on build 10061. Not sure what else I need to do to get the fullscreen button
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:33 PM
  • Its definitely a UAP app. Says Universal App Platform in parentheses next to the project name in Solution Explorer
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:35 PM
  • Could you please upload your project (if possible) to your one drive account and give me read permissions (msdn_ver@hotmail.com) to download it? Ensure that your project compiles please.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:49 PM
  • Okay here you go (hope that works) ...

http://1drv.ms/1bamAPN

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:19 PM
  • I see what happened, the project you sent me is the result of the Windows 10 template, as you can see in the following screenshot:

The template that adds the full screen toggle button that you describes, is in a different template, as you can see in the following screenshot:

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by duffybr Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:29 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 5:08 PM