none
Stable ItemId is needed for replication... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

My task is to develop some kind of interface between Exchange 2007 and enterprise system. In developing I use Exchange Web Services technology.
    Replication will cover appointments and tasks. First of all I have to define database table for replication needs between systems. And I have discovered
    that ItemId that uses in EWS is not stable. I mean the ItemId is based on email address of mailbox owner and if it will change then relation based on ItemId
    will be failed.

Is there are some other way to accomplish this? What about UID? What does it means, what difference between ItemId?
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 7:28 AM

Answers

• Hi Danil,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in Exchange Development.  This forum is for the technical discussion around the content of the Exchange Server Protocols documentation that can be found here.

There is a helpful community on the Microsoft TechNet Forums that is focused on Exchange Server development found here where you can ask your question. The Exchange development forum is for topics such as web services, APIs, application conversion and general application development against Exchange Server.

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Danil,

Thank you for contacting us and your interest in Exchange Development.  This forum is for the technical discussion around the content of the Exchange Server Protocols documentation that can be found here.

There is a helpful community on the Microsoft TechNet Forums that is focused on Exchange Server development found here where you can ask your question. The Exchange development forum is for topics such as web services, APIs, application conversion and general application development against Exchange Server.

Developer Consultant
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 5:22 PM
  • Danil.

Further to Tom's answer, Replication using WebDAV is covered in the MS-SXDREPL spec, which you can find at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd299445.aspx

UUID is defined in the Glossary (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc425506.aspx)

I haven't used the Exchange Web Services or WebDAV, but if you are just trying to get the data into and out of something other than Exchange, then you can also use the MAPI protocol, which is quite mature. There are cross-platform libraries for this.

Brad
    • Proposed as answer by Brad Hards Friday, April 10, 2009 1:05 AM
    Friday, April 10, 2009 1:05 AM