none
Not able to run ADF(V2) using Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I created a simple Blob to SQL copy pipeline in the ADF.
    I followed the Azure documentation steps.

However not able to run the pipeline through VS 2015.
    I have checked the Roles and they are correct. 

The error which I get is Forbidden Error - "The client xxxx with object id xxxx does not have authorization to perform action 'Microsoft.DataFactory/factories/pipelines/read' over scope '/subscriptions/zzzzzzz/resourceGroups/xxxxxx"
    Monday, April 23, 2018 10:29 AM

All replies

• Assume you are following the documentation steps here, can you confirm the role you assigned to the app created in Azure AD.  Also, at what step are you getting the error? 

Are the linked services, data sets and pipeline successfully created?  i.e. can you clarify what you mean by "run the pipeline through VS 2015"? Are you referring to the create pipeline run step?

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 4:17 PM
  • Are you using a service principle to authenticate to Azure SQL in a linked service?  I would take the object id in the error you posted and verify which service principle it is.  You can do this with Powershell:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/azurerm.resources/get-azurermadapplication?view=azurermps-5.7.0#syntax

You said you checked the roles, but I would double check that specific service principle.  A quick way to check is to find the resource group in the error and open its blade in the portal.  You can then click on the 'Access control' property:

Your service principle should be listed with the role assigned to it, but make sure your search filters are correct.  If you do not see it in the list, you can add the service principle and assign it a role in this blade.    

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:00 PM