none
How to send request message from web control and vb 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to automate an ad on a news paper site.

I can log into the site.I can fill in the main category but it should populate the sub category.

When I do it manually and inspect the web site after selection of main category it send a get message e.g.

1. Request URL:
      https://www.thinklocal.co.za/ajax/getsubcat/21
    2. Request Method:
      GET

The page source :

<select class="form-control" display="none" id="sub_category" name="sub_category"><option value="0">Select your Sub-Category</option></select>

I tried to navigate to the link but then i get new page with combo box containing all information

Can I get help so that  can populate the combo box as it opens other categories only if it is populated

Regards

Cobus

Friday, February 21, 2020 6:10 AM

All replies

• Although I've not tried this your best options are Selenium web automation or HTML Agility pack. Both usually don't show code samples in VB.NET but should be easy enough to read the docs to see if either will perform the task required.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Friday, February 21, 2020 10:50 AM
  • Hi Karen

Thanks for responding. I'm just VB literate and surly there must be a way to send get message to populate the combo box

Regards

Cobus

Saturday, February 22, 2020 10:23 AM