none
idMSO for the Style-Fill-Outline "mini-toolbar" that hovers above right click context menu on shapes in Word 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Want to hide it via ribbon xml but can't find the correct control identifier in the Office 2013 fluent control id documentation--does anyone know the answer? Thanks.
    Saturday, September 26, 2015 4:52 PM

Answers

• >>>Want to hide it via ribbon xml but can't find the correct control identifier in the Office 2013 fluent control id documentation

According to your description, I have searched "Office2013FluentUserInterfaceControlIdentifiers" files, unfortunately, I couldn't find idMso value corresponding with Style-Fill-Outline "mini-toolbar". So I suggest that you could submit feedback to Office:

Monday, September 28, 2015 8:56 AM
  • These days, I believe feedback needs to go via the UserVoice site:

https://office365.uservoice.com/

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Monday, October 5, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Hi JBeit

As far as I know, no developer access is available for the individual mini-toobars. I'm not sure whether the object model option (as in File/Options) to turn the selection toolbars on / off will affect this on, or not.

Monday, October 5, 2015 5:54 PM

All replies

• >>>Want to hide it via ribbon xml but can't find the correct control identifier in the Office 2013 fluent control id documentation

According to your description, I have searched "Office2013FluentUserInterfaceControlIdentifiers" files, unfortunately, I couldn't find idMso value corresponding with Style-Fill-Outline "mini-toolbar". So I suggest that you could submit feedback to Office:

Monday, September 28, 2015 8:56 AM
  • I recall that feedback interface from preview versions of office 2010 and 2013 but can't find it in the release version. How does one send that smile-frown feedback from within Office 2013 pro plus?
    • Edited by JBeit Monday, September 28, 2015 3:52 PM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 3:52 PM
  • Could you find smile-frown in top right corner?  You could refer to below image:

face.JPG 

then click "Send a frown…" or you could use shortcut key Ctrl+Alt+8.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:42 AM
  • No the smile is not present in my edition of Office 2013 pro plus. Online search seems to hint that it was part of the preview editions of Office, which I never had.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:19 PM
  • These days, I believe feedback needs to go via the UserVoice site:

https://office365.uservoice.com/

Monday, October 5, 2015 5:51 PM
  • Hi JBeit

As far as I know, no developer access is available for the individual mini-toobars. I'm not sure whether the object model option (as in File/Options) to turn the selection toolbars on / off will affect this on, or not.

Monday, October 5, 2015 5:54 PM