PFX code certificate not working for private accessor RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After adding a private accessor to a code-signed test project I started getting the following error:

10>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v9.0\TeamTest\Microsoft.TeamTest.targets(14,5): error : Error occured during processing of assembly 'ASSEMBLY TO BE TESTED': Unable to obtain public key for StrongNameKeyPair.

The codesign certificate has been obtained as a .CER from our corporate certificate server and then processed as follows:

cert2spc "%CER%" "%SPC%"
    pvk2pfx.exe -pvk "%PVK%" -pi "" -spc "%SPC%" -pfx "%PFX%" -po "%PASSWORD%" -f

The generated pfx was working fine to code sign the general build. But after I added the private accessor, I started getting the above error.

Somehow, it seems that the msbuild BuildShadowTask is more restrictive than the task that signs the general build.

With delay-signing (and cert verification disabled with sn-Vr...) I get something similar to the above:

22>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v9.0\TeamTest\Microsoft.TeamTest.targets(14,5): error : Bad Version of provider. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80090007)

Does BuildShadowTask only work with .snk files? If so, how can I obtain one from the above files? There does not seem to be any way to do this!

Thank you in advance

Monday, April 12, 2010 3:37 PM

All replies

• I am getting the same problem. Both my to be tested and test projects are signed and it was working fine. As soon as I add a private accessor for my test project I get this error?

This is with VS2010 and I'm not doing anything clever with build servers or anything, just setup the signing in the project properties.

Edit: Well I just ended up turning off code signing for my test builds and this solved the problem for me.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 1:04 PM