none
Skype for business registry changes bothers Outlook 2010 vsto and C # library (0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED) RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application and an Outlook 2010 Addin (VSTO C#) that uses the C# Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll (Version 14),

Before the installation of Skype for business everything works.

After installation, my app throws an exception when it calls the method:

var outlookApp=(Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.Application)System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetActiveObject("Outlook.Application");
    var b=outlookApp.COMAddIns;   -> exception was thrown: 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)

In debug mode, the new registered office.dll (Version 15) is in use instead of the office.dll in Version 14. The Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.dll in Version 14 is in use.  However, I searched the registry changes (from the installed Skype for business) and found out, that in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52} the key '2.8' was added. In the ole/com ObjectViewer the key can also be found under TypeLib Micorsoft Office 14.0 Object Library.

When I delete the key 2.8 or add the keys 2.8\0\win32 an set the typelib path to the same like in office 2010 (Office14\MSO.DLL), everything works fine. 

But this cannot be the solution because every update or repair of Skype for business can set the registry key. 

Why Skype for business need this entry?

Any ideas? Solutions?

• Edited by Manuel Miethe Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:37 AM found few changes
    Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi, Manuel Miethe

Since the issue is complex, I suggest you contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. 
    Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/bb266240.aspx

Thanks for your understanding.
    Friday, April 15, 2016 1:13 AM

All replies

• >>>When I delete the key 2.8 or add the keys 2.8\0\win32 an set the typelib path to the same like in office 2010 (Office14\MSO.DLL), everything works fine. 

According to your description, as far as we know {2DF8D04C-5BFA-101B-BDE5-00AA0044DE52} Key for Office:

2.3 for Office 2003.
    2.4 for Office 2007.
    2.5 for Office 2010.
    2.6 and 2.7 for Office 2013.
    2.8 for Office 2016.

Could you help us figure out which value is in 2.8\0\win32 key and 2.5\0\win32 key before you add the keys 2.8\0\win32 an set the typelib path to the same like in office 2010 (Office14\MSO.DLL). 

Friday, April 8, 2016 9:44 AM
  • I have Office 2010, before the installation of Skype for Business ( Version 16.0.4244.1001), the Key '2.8' does not exist. After Installation, Only the Key 2.8 with the Values: (Standard) and PrimaryInteropAssemblyName are created.

The Key '2.8\0\win32' are not created, thats the problem I think. Maybe it's an installation failure of Skype.

Monday, April 11, 2016 5:36 AM
  • >>>The Key '2.8\0\win32' are not created, thats the problem I think. Maybe it's an installation failure of Skype.

According to your description, could you reproduce this issue on another machine or reinstall Skype for Business?
    Monday, April 11, 2016 9:44 AM
  • I can reproduce this, with reinstalling and also on another machine.
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 5:32 AM
  • Hi, Manuel Miethe

Since the issue is complex, I suggest you contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.
    If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged. 
    Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/bb266240.aspx

Friday, April 15, 2016 1:13 AM
  • Hi,

we are having the same problem here Manuel Miethe, did you find a solution to your problem? 

We have Outlook 2013 and Skype for Business 2016. If I remove the 9.6 key, the add-in works, but it breaks Skype for Business. 

@Microsoft : do you support this kind of setup? A VSTO add-in for Outlook 2013 but with Outlook 2013 installed with Skype for Business 2016? 

Thanks, 

Stephane 

Friday, June 2, 2017 6:02 PM