none
excel application not defined on form with vb

Question

• I am develop a form with visual basic, using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, to perform some  calculations.

in my development environment work good, but when I deploy to the web server the following error.

Could you give me some ideas what need to install on web server o modify my applications.

Thank you

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 11:22 PM

Answers

• Thanks for Viorel's help.

Hi Fredy68,

Please try Viorel's suggestion to make sure you have installed the Office on your server machine first.

Then please check the installed Office version to make sure it is the same version with the one that on your develop machine.

And please compare your develop machine environment and the server machine environment to check whether there has any differences.

In addition, please make sure your application has enough permissions to call the Office program on your server machine.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:52 AM

All replies

• Before you find the right solution, check these articles too:

At least, make sure that Office is installed on the server.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 6:05 AM
  • Thanks for Viorel's help.

Hi Fredy68,

Please try Viorel's suggestion to make sure you have installed the Office on your server machine first.

Then please check the installed Office version to make sure it is the same version with the one that on your develop machine.

And please compare your develop machine environment and the server machine environment to check whether there has any differences.

In addition, please make sure your application has enough permissions to call the Office program on your server machine.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 7:52 AM