Solution for Zipping 30K files to a SFTP location RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am looking for zipping 10K files and send it to a SFTP location as a single zipped file. Each file will have a maximum size of 2mb. Please suggest an Azure offering for this requirement.

I came across two of the solution but with some questions

1. Azure Durable Functions --> Will the Timeout factor come into the place for such a volume?

2. Azure Data Factory --> Will this be at a higher cost for handling this requirement; as we might not use this pipeline for any other purpose except once a month load handling?

Please suggest any other option/offering to handle this requirement. Thank you for your help

Regards, Vignesh S

Thursday, April 30, 2020 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Vignesh Sukumar,

Thanks for your query. For Azure Data factory, I would recommend you to please refer to below MS document, which will help you in understanding Data Factory pricing through examples. You can compare with your data/usage and estimate the cost. 

MS doc1: Understanding Data Factory pricing through examples
    MS doc2: Azure Data Factory: Data Pipeline Pricing

For better assistance on Azure Durable Funciton, I would recommend you to please reach out to this forum: Azure Functions MSDN forum

Hope this helps. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Thursday, April 30, 2020 8:58 PM
  • Hi Vignesh,

Just checking to see if the above information was helpful. If this answers your query, please do consider to click “Mark as Answer” and "Up-Vote" as it might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, May 4, 2020 4:52 PM
  • This helps. Thanks much !!

Regards, Vignesh S

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 5:11 PM