How to send only one e-mail for a multi-stage workflow? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a multi-stage workflow set up and everything works great, except I'm not sure how to keep it from sending multipe emails for one job.  I have a condition/action set up to notify the project lead that he/she is the project lead for a series of jobs.  Unfortunately, the person gets 2-5 emails for the same job.

Is there a way to only send the person one email, even though there are multiple services set up?

I'm attaching a link to a screen shot of the workflow i'm having issues with. 

Thanks for any help I can get.

Brett

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1001/

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, August 9, 2011 4:30 PM ? forgotten for revised Title. (Don't include "Help" in a title
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Would you please provide more information :

1.       What is you SharePoint Edition ?

2.       Is the workflow a sequential workflow with no cycle ? And when will the workflow start ,when an new item is created or when an item is edited ?

3.       If the workflow is set to start when an item change ,then after update the item in the Job ,it will start the workflow again ,so the email will be send multiple times .

4.       I suggest you moving the email step to the end of the workflow after all the changes have been done .

If I have any misunderstanding ,please feel free to let me know .

Thanks ,

Entan Ming
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Friday, August 19, 2011 2:24 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:59 AM