Getting user feedback from a SketchFlow WPF project RRS feed

• Question

• I'm putting the finishing touches on my 2 SketchFlow projects to show to the users, and trying to schedule time to meet with them for the demo.  Since these SketchFlow projects are for WPF applications, I'll do a package SketchFlow project or create a project from VS 2008, and put it where the users can get to it.  I imagine we'll get together, I'll go over it with them, and then I hope they'll take it and make their notations/feedback, just like Jeremy Osburn showed in his tutorial on SketchFlow.  But how do I get that feedback, back?  Is it the case that the users will enter their feedback, and then when they're done I just copy their projects back and open then up?  That's OK, and fortunately I only see 2 or 3 people doing this, so that isn't a problem, I just want to know what's the correct procedure.

Rod
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 3:48 PM

Answers

• Once they've finished creating feedback, they can save it to a ".feedback" file.  In the Feedback panel of the player, you'll see an icon that looks like a folder.  Simply have them click on the folder, select to export the feedback, provide author information, and save the file.  Then, instead of having to return the full project to you, they can simply send you the single ".feedback" file.  Back in Blend, you'll need to open up your Feedback panel which you can find under the Windows menu heading.  Then click the plus button in the feedback panel and select their files to import feedback for use at design time. 

Let me know if that's not a full answer to you question.

Thanks, Kelly

• Proposed as answer by Kelly Cannon Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rod at Work Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:03 PM

All replies

• Once they've finished creating feedback, they can save it to a ".feedback" file.  In the Feedback panel of the player, you'll see an icon that looks like a folder.  Simply have them click on the folder, select to export the feedback, provide author information, and save the file.  Then, instead of having to return the full project to you, they can simply send you the single ".feedback" file.  Back in Blend, you'll need to open up your Feedback panel which you can find under the Windows menu heading.  Then click the plus button in the feedback panel and select their files to import feedback for use at design time. 

Let me know if that's not a full answer to you question.

Thanks, Kelly

• Proposed as answer by Kelly Cannon Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rod at Work Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:25 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:03 PM
  • Thank you, Kelly.
    Rod
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:39 PM