Enable system.net performance counters for asp.net core 2.1 app targeting net471 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1957911747 posted

Hi there

I'm having timing issues resulting in 401 responses when sending HTTP requests over the internet to a 3rd party. There's a timestamp added to each request along with an authorization signature which the 3rd party uses to verify the request was generated within x minutes. They are noticing lag on their end and i'm wondering if our server is flooded with outbound requests. The server times on both our systems seem correct. The 401s happen sporadically throughout the month, in short bursts, then recover. 

I'd really like to see the HttpWebRequest related counters under the .NET CLR Networking 4.0.0.0 object as noted in this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/70xadeyt(v=vs.110). I enabled the counters (below) for an older asp.net app running MVC which worked, but I can't get them to work for an asp.net core 2.1 app targeting net471. Is it supported? Is it something to do with asp.net core being hosted out of process?

Any general suggestions on how I can see if requests are getting queued coming out of this aspnetcore app?

<system.net>
    <settings>
    <performanceCounters enabled="true" />
    </settings>
    </system.net>

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:30 PM

All replies