none
What is the appointmentitem.outlookversion value when you accept a meeting from iphone,ipad,android and outlook web email? RRS feed

• Question

• If a meeting accepts from outlook desktop client then i know the value of Appointmnet.OutlookVersion.Contains("Ex"). If the same meeting accept from iphone or ipad or android or outlook web email, what coulbe the value of Appointmnet.OutlookVersion? kindly advice.

http://www.selvaonline.com - Live a Happy & Balanced Life

• Edited by SelvaOnline Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hello Selva,

The OutlookVersion property is used for indicating the major and minor version number of the Outlook application for an Outlook item, not to differentiate clients.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

>>I want to find whether the meeting accepted by outlook desktop client, outlook webemail client, iphone or ipad or android outlook clients?<<

I'm afraid there is no property or method of Outlook Object Model to detect which clients accept a mail item currently.

If you have more suggestions about Outlook or you hope Outlook to support this feature later, please feel free to submit them in Submit Feedback.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 14, 2014 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hello Selva,

The OutlookVersion property is used for indicating the major and minor version number of the Outlook application for an Outlook item, not to differentiate clients.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:49 PM
  • I want to find whether the meeting accepted by outlook desktop client, outlook webemail client, iphone or ipad or android outlook clients? How can i do this?

http://www.selvaonline.com - Live a Happy & Balanced Life

• Edited by SelvaOnline Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:00 PM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:52 PM
  • Hi,

>>I want to find whether the meeting accepted by outlook desktop client, outlook webemail client, iphone or ipad or android outlook clients?<<

I'm afraid there is no property or method of Outlook Object Model to detect which clients accept a mail item currently.

If you have more suggestions about Outlook or you hope Outlook to support this feature later, please feel free to submit them in Submit Feedback.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, March 14, 2014 3:18 AM