How to deploy the app on to my Windows 8 Tablet for testing

Question

• Hi all

I have a windows 8 Tablet, I wish to deploy my app on it for testing, in my tab I have installed Remote debugging tool for Visual studio, I have followed the article given here at  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bt727f1t.aspx  But I could not run the app on the device. Can anyone please help me? 

Thanks

Varun Krishna. P

Thursday, April 3, 2014 6:34 PM

All replies

• The URL you link is for desktop apps. For Windows Store apps see Run apps on a remote machine
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 7:10 PM
  • @Rob Caplan

Thanks for replying, I had tried to configure it based on the article which you had given me  and it still doesn't work for me. What am I missing ? I am getting the following errors

• found o connections on my subnet.
    • Showing 0 of 0 connection(s)

Could you please help me fixing this?

Thanks,

Varun Krishna. P

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:01 AM
  • are them on the same network? no firewalls on the routers? wireless isolation? such thing can prevent that the tablet can be found

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, April 4, 2014 9:06 AM
  • @Dave Smits

Yes they both are on the same network, I had connected my windows tablet by using usb to ethernet to the network, and from my desktop computer I could access the windows 8 tablet by using its ipv4 address on the run command. But the visual studio is not detecting the  remote machine, should I have to give the full name of the computer on which the the remote debugger is running along with the port number (4016) in the visual studio ? . Ok I will check with the firewall configuration . 

What if my windows 8 tablet is connected to the WiFi? and still they both are on the same network ? 

Thanks,

Varun Krishna. P

Saturday, April 5, 2014 12:56 AM