Basic Questions on PowerPivot Charts RRS feed

• Question

• I have build this following chart in PowerPivot

1. so if there is a week in which the code did not throw any exception. (which is a very good thing)... the chart goes blank. instead I would like to show all the modules with 0 values rather than a blank chart. (user thinks something has gone wrong.... and they keep refreshing... they don't know that a good week has passed by where there are no exceptions thrown by code).

2. If someone clicks on a bar... I want to show the exceptions. (there are logged in a database). Currently in this pivot, I have no way of going to the actual exception text.

MSDNStudent Knows not much!
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi MSDN student,

Based on the requirement of yours, I think you can consider another logic, to display percentage of exceptions, if there is no exceptions, it should be 100% rather than zero. Hope this help you.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:22 AM

All replies

• bump!
    Sunday, December 11, 2011 3:45 AM
  • Hi MSDN student,

Based on the requirement of yours, I think you can consider another logic, to display percentage of exceptions, if there is no exceptions, it should be 100% rather than zero. Hope this help you.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Challen Fu Tuesday, December 20, 2011 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:22 AM
  • Hello Challen,

What about the drill downs? Can I click on a bar chart to drill deeper?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:52 AM
  • It seems that drill through on chart is not supported. Thanks for your understanding. Besides, I would recommend you can submit here https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/FeedbackThisconnect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Challen Fu

Monday, December 19, 2011 9:54 AM