Silverlight SDK is not seen by Visual Studio 2010 Express RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with Visual Studio Express for Windows Phone and Silverlight. When I try to create a new project I get an information saying that SIlverlight 4.0 need to be installed beforehand. Of course it is already installed.

One thing about my system that is rather uncommon is the localization of program files directory. System itselfs is installed on drive C:, but the program files dir is located on B. Some applications like Visual Studio and Silverlight ignores my settings and install themselfs in c:\program files x86 (pretty much all Microsoft's too). Can this be reason of my problems?

Sunday, May 1, 2011 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Feyd,

Thanks for your post.

Please click on this link to verify if you have installed Silverlight 4 correctly.

Besides Silverlight 4, you also need to install Visual Studio 2010 sp1 here.

Visual Studio 2010 sp1 contains Silverlight 4 tools for VS2010 SP1, so you don't need to install Silverlight 4 Tools again.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Best Regards,

Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:27 PM

All replies

• Hi,

try to uninstall and install it again.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=298170d6-567c-4b90-9917-490ffcddba87&displaylang=en

all the best

Selva

Sunday, May 1, 2011 2:40 PM
  • Hi Feyd,

Thanks for your post.

Please click on this link to verify if you have installed Silverlight 4 correctly.

Besides Silverlight 4, you also need to install Visual Studio 2010 sp1 here.

Visual Studio 2010 sp1 contains Silverlight 4 tools for VS2010 SP1, so you don't need to install Silverlight 4 Tools again.

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Best Regards,

Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:27 PM
  • Shi Din,

I have this same problem.  VS2010 doesn't think that I have the SDK installed when it is.  However when I click on your link to see if sliverlight is installed it says I don't have it installed.  So I try that and it says "Unable to install Silverlight"  "The same version of Silverlight is already installed"  Once again Microsoft has screwed up.

Any sugguestions?

Friday, June 10, 2011 10:17 AM