none
Azure SDK C++ storage blob clients receiving HTTP 400 Bad Request (InvalidBlockList)

Question

• Hi,

Some of our telemetry indicates that our clients are receiving HTTP 400 Bad Request. Do you have any suggestions as to why this might be? Unfortunately, this is all that I have to go on for now. Just looking for a list of possible reasons or anything I could perhaps pull.

Also, regarding storage_extended_error (http://azure.github.io/azure-storage-cpp/classazure_1_1storage_1_1storage__extended__error.html), what type of information can I find in the message vs details from the error response?

Thanks.

• Edited by markovmon Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:57 PM updated the title
    Tuesday, May 03, 2016 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

When exactly do you get that error?

While creating the container the name of a container must always be lower-case. If you include an upper-case letter in a container name, or otherwise violate the container naming rules, you may receive a 400 error (Bad Request).

A container name must be a valid DNS name, conforming to the following naming rules:

1.Container names must start with a letter or number, and can contain only letters, numbers, and the dash (-) character.

2.Every dash (-) character must be immediately preceded and followed by a letter or number; consecutive dashes are not permitted in container names.

3.All letters in a container name must be lower-case.

4.Container names must be from 3 through 63 characters long.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

If a post answers your question, please click Mark as Answer on that post and Vote as Helpful.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 10:06 AM
  • Doesn't seem to be the container name. I've had other successful uploads. Any other possible suggestions. I'm working on collecting more detailed telemetry.

Any idea if the storage_extended_error message or details would be more useful?

Wednesday, May 04, 2016 8:53 PM
  • Ping.

I have some additional error details now:
      extended_code=InvalidBlockList
      extended_message=The specified block list is invalid.

Some notes:
    - I can't repro it locally (not 100%), but I'm getting telemetry on this.
    - I'm using cloudblockblob stream to handle the block & blocklist. (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/dn569119.aspx)

Any suggestions as to why this might happen? Are there any logs that I can look at in Azure to get a better idea?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 6:53 PM