AppFabric configuration throws Object Reference Error RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried all options like firewall settings, starting of Remote Registry service & whatever is being suggested but still i get "Null Object Reference exception" on running commands in Caching Powershell for configuring appfabric. Any suggestions? I checked logs, it has "Unable to read registry...." error.

Minni

• Moved by Damon Bu - MSFT Monday, August 19, 2013 3:33 AM It is a thread about AppFabric
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 10:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Minziw,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

I think this thread is specific to AppFabric Caching, that forum is more suitable for it. This form is to discuss problems about CLR development. You can consider posting it in AppFabric Caching forum for more efficient responses.

AppFabric Caching forum

If you have any concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I will be glad to help you again.

Best Regards,

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 16, 2013 9:38 AM
  • I had posted it on appfabric forum but no response so thought will check on some other forum. Can you please help me in forwarding this to concerned people so that they can respond.

Minni

Monday, August 19, 2013 2:55 PM
  • Could you post the full "unable to read registry" error?

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Here is the complete error details:-

Host XYZ is Reachable.,DistributedCache.CacheAdmin,Verbose,2013-8-21 18:05:24.656
    Failed to read remote registry key from host XYZ:
    Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheException:
    ErrorCode<ERRCAdmin026>ubStatus<ES0001>:Remote registry access failed on host XYZ. Check if the required permissions are available and the host is not down. --->
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.
        at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str)
        at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view)
        at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetRemoteRegistryKey(String hostName, Boolean writable)
        --- End of inner exception stack trace
    ---
        at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetRemoteRegistryKey(String
    hostName, Boolean writable)
        at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetServerVersion(String
    hostName),DistributedCache.CacheAdmin,Error,2013-8-21 18:05:24.719

Minni

Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:40 AM