Windows Azure Dedicated Role Caching In Java RRS feed

• Question

• i had created three roles respectivly by following steps here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj870767.aspx
    1. Jsp application.
    2. Dedicated1
    3. DedicatedCache 

But i am unable to connect to Dedicated1 from Jsp application using hostname=localhost_dedicated1 and port 11212.

It's giving error InvalidAddressException.

• Edited by sekhar4233 Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, March 12, 2014 7:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

>>But i am unable to connect to Dedicated1 from Jsp application using hostname=localhost_dedicated1 and port 11212.

You may need pay attention to two points.

1.Please note the name rule. If you use "Dedicated1" create worker role , You need use this "localhost_Dedicated1" in your code.

2.And please make sure you already added the endpoints.

Using the Add Endpoint dialog, add an internal endpoint named memcache_default with 11212 used as the private port.

If I misunderstood, please let me know.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I am using "localhost_dedicated1" and port 11212 which is working fine in Windows Azure Local Emulator. But if i upload it to Azure it's not working.

It's giving me error 

java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException

• Edited by sekhar4233 Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:15 AM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:15 AM
  • I haven't tried Java. But can you change localhost to your service name and try again (yourcachename.cache.windows.net)? As described on http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/jj658973.aspx, for a .NET application, you need to define the cache host as:

<hosts>
        <host name="yourcachename.cache.windows.net" cachePort="22233" />
    </hosts>
    Wednesday, March 26, 2014 8:51 AM