move files from an sftp to on premise shared drive RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to download some files from an SFTP server and send them to an on premise folder location.

I have managed to do that using Logic apps with the below steps.

1) Read from SFTP using SFTP connector

2) push file to Service Bus Queue

3) poll the Queue from On premise BizTalk server

But the problem is with the size limitations of the Service Bus. My files could be larger than 1 MB at times. In that case, i wouldnt be able to push my messages to Service Bus. So what should be the approach instead. I read about pushing the message to a Blob storage and reading it downstream. But I wanted to know other design approaches to solve this scenario.

Regards,

Ujjwal

-Ujjwal

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestion John.

I tried the Azure File share instead of a service bus queue and it worked like a charm. I will use this as this doesn't seem to have a size restriction.

-Ujjwal

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are other options available which you can consider,

1) You can move directly to Microsoft OneDrive or Google Drive instead of putting it to Service Bus Queue (Refer Link#1).

2) You can use the Azure Storage Emulator and using the Microsoft Azure SDK you can directly put your file to Azure Blob Storage (Refer Link#2)

Link#1 https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/35660.microsoft-azure-logic-apps-syncing-your-dropbox-onedrive-and-google-drive.aspx

Link#2 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-emulator

HTH

Hope this Helps!!!! Regards, Note: Please Mark As Answered if you satisfy with Reply.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 1:26 PM
  • Logic Apps and Service Bus are designed leaning to messaging scenarios.

For "files", especially batch or binary files of large sizes, Azure Data Factory seems like a more viable solution.

ADF has both an SFTP and File System Connector with no specific size limits.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:31 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion John.

I tried the Azure File share instead of a service bus queue and it worked like a charm. I will use this as this doesn't seem to have a size restriction.

-Ujjwal

Tuesday, September 4, 2018 2:40 PM