none
Reg Free COM manifest from TLB RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get a component working side by side and keep it out of the registry, so I'll use a manifest to declare the objects and types in the component.  Mt.exe with the -tlb switch is useful in generating a manifest from a type library, but I notice that it will only emit manifest entries for coclass objects (comClass) and vtable interfaces (comInterfaceExternalProxyStub, but I notice it's just reusing the IID of the interface for the proxyStubClsid32 instead of the actual clsid).

The problem is marshaling support for the dispinterfaces defined in the type library.  I thought marshaling support for IDispatch (dispinterfaces) was supposed to default to CLSID_PSDispatch, but without a ProxyStubClsid32 entry in the interfaces registry or the manfiest, marshaling for these dispinterfaces fails.  So it looks like I need to add manifest entries for all of my dispinterfaces, but I don't want to do this manually (there are a lot).

Before I go off and write a tool to do this, is there some way to force mt.exe to emit proxyStubClsid32 entries for dispinterfaces, or is there another tool I'm missing that already does this?
    Friday, October 9, 2009 9:58 PM

Answers

• Hi KrisMFG,
    Sorry for reply late, I have found a similar issue of MT.exe, and I need some time to connect to dev team for solution.

Update: It is an issue of MT.exe, and has been fixed internal but not in the released versions, so, you may need to add missed entries manually, sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi KrisMFG,
    Sorry for reply late, I have found a similar issue of MT.exe, and I need some time to connect to dev team for solution.

Update: It is an issue of MT.exe, and has been fixed internal but not in the released versions, so, you may need to add missed entries manually, sorry for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Please remember to mark helpful replies as answers and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by eryang Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 3:45 AM
  • Hi KrisMFG,

did you write a tool to add dispinterface details in manifest file? If yes please let me know how to achive it.

Friday, January 27, 2012 5:53 AM