App_LocalResources and translation RRS feed

• Question

• User1571597130 posted
    Hi

My question is related with App_LocalResources and the best way to use the asp.net 2.0 localization feature. Suppose the web site is built and foreach folder there're local resources created (but not translated), the site is big with lots of sub folders and pages, so how can I give the people who translate my site the .rexs files?! I think it's now easy to manage this situation....any sugestions?

And my second question is: What localization approach do you use and you think is best for big sites and what for small sites?

Saturday, August 25, 2007 5:04 PM

Answers

• User1622957740 posted

There's no real easy solution to this issue using Resx files unless you provide the directory structure.

You could consider using a different localization store like a database - that makes it somewhat easier to to localize the data coherently.

This might give you some ideas:
    http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/wwdbResourceProvider/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:22 AM

All replies

• User1622957740 posted

There's no real easy solution to this issue using Resx files unless you provide the directory structure.

You could consider using a different localization store like a database - that makes it somewhat easier to to localize the data coherently.

This might give you some ideas:
    http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/wwdbResourceProvider/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 28, 2007 4:22 AM
  • User546162363 posted

I have a simular Resources-translation issue.

I use App_GlobalResources, where I have a HUGE resx file that I use all over my web app. I need the resx translated and reviewed, to make the texts here and there nice. Do you know how to override the ASP.NET way of getting the resources? Specifically I want to be able to write the ID of the resx instance so you know where to go in the resx file?

How do you manage big resx files?

Thursday, August 30, 2007 8:16 AM
  • User1571597130 posted

Hi 

Make a wrapper class that can control the asp.net ResourceManager and use him instead.

Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:17 AM