KIA/Robochamps car models RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if the KIA MSRS models for the RoboChamps Urban Challenge 2008 are available from somewhere? Unfortunately the website (www.robochamps.com) is long gone and I would like to do some experiments with car-like robots.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:29 PM

Answers

• Actually, we have the source for all of the RoboChamps environments. However, there are changes required to run under the final release of RDS 2008 and we also need a distribution mechanism. We do not want to include these environments in the RDS package itself because they are too big and the package is already the size of a CD.

So a slightly long-winded answer is that we plan to release the RoboChamps environments, but probably not until after the next release of RDS and they will be separate downloads.

Trevor
    • Marked as answer by Marco Slot Monday, April 12, 2010 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:16 AM

All replies

• :-)
    (I'm not from MRDS product team but since I have recently communicated regarding this package with the Program manager I'll answer you)
    I'm sorry this package is no longer supported/offered by the MRDS product team.
    KIA Urban challenege package was developed on top of MRDS 2008 CTP July which is also no longer available as it was a interim release. Furthermore there is no plans to migrate the KIA Urban challenge package to the MRDS 2008/MRDS 2008 R2.
    Best Regards,
    Aravinda D.P.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 5:45 PM
  • Actually, we have the source for all of the RoboChamps environments. However, there are changes required to run under the final release of RDS 2008 and we also need a distribution mechanism. We do not want to include these environments in the RDS package itself because they are too big and the package is already the size of a CD.

So a slightly long-winded answer is that we plan to release the RoboChamps environments, but probably not until after the next release of RDS and they will be separate downloads.

Trevor
    • Marked as answer by Marco Slot Monday, April 12, 2010 2:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:16 AM