Project Templates not found referenced by my project package in the pkgdef RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a visual studio (14.0) package with a project factory. Everything in the project system works fine so far. But I don't want to have the CodeBase of my extension in the extensions cryptic folder in the VisualStudio Extension system. Therefore I used to create my custom pkgdef file where I can edit the CodeBase path. That works pretty well.

Now I am trying to do the same with my project template. I created a ProjectTemplate project from the extensibilty menu. And referenced it in the vsixmanifest as an asset. I changed the ProjectTemplatesDir (project factory) and the TemplatesDir (newProjectTemplates) to the wanted path. 

But the project template does not show in the menu. And if I place the ProjectTemplate in the extensions folder beneath the pkgdef it is found. Does visual studio ignore those parameter in the pkgdef? it seems like there is no impact to what I write in the pkgdef.

Kind regards

Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:02 AM

Answers

• Hi TobiasSt,

As far as I know, it seems that ProjectTemplate does not support it.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 9:59 AM