none
Issue with the GUI RRS feed

• Question

• When I select "Query Options", for example, I encounter an issue with the GUI. Because the window that pops up has a constant size, which cannot be changed, I cannot see the bottom of the list of options that a particular section of the window shows. There is no scrollbar for this section of the window. How do I view the bottom of the list? I am running Microsoft SQL Server 2012 on a Windows 7 Home Premium OS, installed in an MSI laptop. Thank you.
    • Moved by Tom Phillips Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:42 PM Tools question (From:SQL Server Database Engine)
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 11:00 PM

Answers

• Hmm,

I misunderstood your issue mate.

So, you did not miss so many things on that window.

this is Query Option window-> Grid

It is really strange issue. Did you try to change your screen resolution and open the Query Options window again?

MCP, MCTS, MCITP

• Marked as answer by CatGuy90 Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:19 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 4:30 AM

All replies

• "Query Options" is a small window. Unfortunately if you cannot see it then you can't do anything about it.

Some windows have the maximize button (like when processing a cube in Visual Studio), but others don't.

You may experiment with changing your screen resolution in Windows.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:44 AM
  • In Windows 7 just hover your mouse pointer to the bottom of your screen when for instance "Query Options" window is active and the window will move up. Just note your mouse pointer should be in the frame of "Query Option"  window.

I have the same issue with some popup windows as well.

Take a look at the figures:

and now you can see the buttons:

MCP, MCTS, MCITP

Thursday, August 2, 2012 12:58 AM
  • The design is made like that only on the product level

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 1:49 AM
  • I do not think that the "Process Cube" window that is shown by the screenshot is the same type of window as the "Query Options" window. I have not tried your method for "Process Cube" either because I do not know how to bring up the "Process Cube" window. Thank you.

Thursday, August 2, 2012 4:15 AM
  • Hi,

It is a feature in Windows 7 and it is not depending on what software you are using.

If the active window is greater than viewable area in your screen, you can see the hidden parts of the window by hovering your pointer around the screen and will work for any window, even windows you drag them to screen sides.

Cheers

MCP, MCTS, MCITP

Friday, August 3, 2012 12:00 AM
  • When I hover my pointer around the missing part of the window, the missing part does not show up. The window of "Query Options" cannot expand either. I will give you a screenshot to let you know what I mean.

The window "Query Options" is not resizeable, and I cannot see what is below "Non XML Data". I tried hovering my mouse pointer around that area, and nothing happened. Thank you.

• Edited by CatGuy90 Friday, August 3, 2012 4:00 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 3:59 AM
  • Hmm,

I misunderstood your issue mate.

So, you did not miss so many things on that window.

this is Query Option window-> Grid

It is really strange issue. Did you try to change your screen resolution and open the Query Options window again?

MCP, MCTS, MCITP

• Marked as answer by CatGuy90 Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:19 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2012 4:30 AM
  • It turns out that both you and irusul were right. Changing the size of text and other items on my screen did the trick. Thank you.
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 8:19 PM