none
Compact2013 - Missing stack frames in DrWatson mini dumps kdmp files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have built a small tool to decode DrWatson minidump (kdmp) files to quickly get a call stack of the faulting thread and automatically look up the addresses of the call stack in the module pdb file. When I load kdmp files from Windows Embedded Compact2013 is seems to always miss the actual stack frames in the callstack entries of the file. Dump files from Windows CE 5 always contains this information. The NumberOfFrames field in the structure _CEDUMP_THREAD_CALL_STACK is always zero and all RVA entries pointed to by the StackFrames entry in _CEDUMP_THREAD_CALL_STACK always has the same address for all threads which indicate that there is no stack frames in the dump. In windbg I get the message "Could not fetch any stack frames" when I try to view the callstack of the mini dumps.

When I look at the documentation of Compact2013 in the MSDN pages I can't find any new parameters that control the behavior of the error reporting regarding inclusion of stack frames or not in the dump. I have tested to create both context and system dump type but the result is the same, it is just the number of threads that differs between the dump types but none of them has any call stack frames.  Is it possible to enable stack frame dumping by any undocumented parameter in Compact2013 or is this a bug in the error reporting engine?

/Johan
    Monday, August 11, 2014 4:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Johan,

We experience the same issue. Did you come up with a solution yet?

Does anyone else have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Dogan

Friday, June 5, 2015 10:39 AM