Help needed with delegation for Clustered SSAS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to configure a linked server within SQL to connect to a clustered named instance of SSAS using kerberos with a double hop.

I am in the process of configuring the SPN's but appear to be missing something as having registered the SPNs for the SSAS service account I am unable to set delegation to it from the SQL Server account, I receive the message below:

"The selected object(s) do not contain services which can be delegated. Click Users and Computers to select another object."

All SQL servers (database and analysis) are running 2008 R2 hosted on a Windows Server 2008 R2 failover cluster.  Named instances are used throughout with services running as domain accounts.

As per these articles:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917409

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950599

I have set the following:

(For the purpose of this post I have replaced my actual names with the following:

Clustered SQL Server Name: SQLServer

Clusterd SQL Server Instance Port: 3022

Clustered SSAS Name: SSASServer

Clustered SSAS Instance Name: SSASInstance)

SPNs for database server set against SQL Server account (from which linked server will be created - this is the account to which I am trying to add delegation to the SSAS server):

MSSQLSvc/SQLServer:3022

MSSQLSvc/SQLServer.mydomain.com:3022

SPNs for analysis server (to which linked server will connect):

MSOLAPSvc.3/SSASServer:SSASInstance

MSOLAPSvc.3/SSASServer.mydomain.com:SSASInstance

SPNs added to each cluster node computer account (running SQL Browser as localservice):

MSOLAPDisco.3/nodename

MSOLAPDisco.3/nodename.mydomain.com

I think the issue is someithing to do with the clustered configuration as I have previously configured something simular for a standalone SSAS server with no problems!

What am I missing?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• I have this working now..

The SPN's etc were all set correctly.

Turned out to be an annoying permissions issue which was preventing me from adding the delegation.

• Marked as answer by phil_e Monday, December 3, 2012 10:09 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Phil,

Thank you for your question. 
    I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Maggie Luo
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 23, 2012 7:51 AM
  • I have this working now..

The SPN's etc were all set correctly.

Turned out to be an annoying permissions issue which was preventing me from adding the delegation.

• Marked as answer by phil_e Monday, December 3, 2012 10:09 AM
    Monday, December 3, 2012 10:09 AM