none
How to use Super MUTT V3.0 in client server of windows7 Operation System RRS feed

• Question

• I was in a predicament when I executed the WHQL test item- (System-Sleep and PNP).

I know the firmware mutt.msi is just support for windows 8 OS,

but if I wonder to pass this item, should I what to do ?

all that I do can be seen in the following terms.

• My host server is installed WHCK Ver.8.1 as below pic.
      • My client Server is used Windows7 OS and need to execute test item-System-Sleep and PNP.
      • I tried to execute test item-System-Sleep and PNP without MUTT, but the system error shows as blow.Please connect a Super MUTT device to the test computer.
      • For this reason ,I tried to install Firmware- mutt.msi  ,but getting the information as below
      Found a device that has non-zero problem code or is phantom. logging device info.

<//span>I know the firmware mutt.msi is not offically supported on Win 7,but if I wonder to pass this test item with this configuration,

should I what to do ? anyone can help me ?

thanks !!

Thursday, October 24, 2013 1:25 AM

All replies

• Try running the following command from an elevated prompt in the directory where you installed the mutt software:

muttutil -updatefirmware usbfx2.inf

This will update the MUTT driver to something that should work in Windows 7. Also, since Windows 7 did not ship with inbox xHCI support, make sure your MUTT is plugged into an EHCI USB 2.0 host controller.

Friday, October 25, 2013 10:36 PM
  • Dear Tomas

thanks for your kindly reply, I will try to use it.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:34 AM