none
More info on XML key export? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Just wondering, what's the chances of adding more info to the licence key XML export?

I have some XML files but dont know which subscription they're for, or when they expire. It would be ideal to have this info embedded in the XML file. Having the subscription ID, subscription type and expiry date would be ideal.

Any thoughts?

Phil

Monday, April 22, 2013 10:26 AM

Answers

• I think this is a good idea Phil and I'm going to log this for the team.  No promises when and even if they might develop a feature like this, but I think its a good idea and I'm going to make sure the team reviews it.

Thanks!

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, April 22, 2013 8:02 PM

All replies

• I think this is a good idea Phil and I'm going to log this for the team.  No promises when and even if they might develop a feature like this, but I think its a good idea and I'm going to make sure the team reviews it.

Thanks!

Mike

Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, April 22, 2013 8:02 PM
  • Hi Mike

That's great, thank you.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:39 AM
  • Hello,

The reply might be bit late but i would like to say this.

You can get the subscriber information from the "My Account" Page. I guess that's the ideal place to have it as it has the sensitive information like Subscriber ID, Your full name and email ID.

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Sunday, June 9, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Hi Mike

Did this suggestion ever go anywhere? Did the MSDN team ever get back to you?

Thanks

Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hey Phil, I'm checking. 

I'm just guessing, but its the type of change they'd wrap into a larger update on the subscriber downloads experience, so thats probably where its at. 

I'll see what i hear back and if there's anything we can share publicly I'll do so.  If there isn't I'll say "its still under consideration" so set your expectations accordingly :)

Thanks,
    Mike

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:25 PM
  • well I guessed right, its still under consideration :)  No new news.  The team is happy to have your feedback though, which I have logged in our TFS. 

Thanks,
    Mike

Did Microsoft call you out of the blue about your computer? No, they didn't.

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 9:53 PM