none
ado.net compatibility matrix with sql server RRS feed

All replies

• Hi sakurai_db,

Based on your description, I am not sure what is matrix, could you please describe it in detailed. is it PIVOT operate in SQL. if so, you could write PIVOT sql statement and retrieve the records by using ado.net. 

for more information about pivot query, please refer to:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5216701/sql-query-for-generating-matrix-like-output-querying-related-table-in-sql-server

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:12 AM
  • No. I mean for example if using ADO.net connecting to SQL server compatibility.

for example ADO.net 3.5 connect to SQL Server 2016 .

Friday, January 11, 2019 9:47 AM
  • Hi sakurai_db,

Ado.net connection database via .NET Framework Data Providers, we could use System.Data.SqlClient to connect SQL server 2016, if you encounter any connection issue, welcome to post here. 

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by BonnieBMVP Sunday, January 13, 2019 1:10 AM
    Friday, January 11, 2019 9:59 AM
  • so are there any version limitation ?

.Net framework Data Providers. ??

Monday, January 14, 2019 6:16 AM
  • Hi sakurai_db,

>>so are there any version limitation ?

As far as I know, there is no limitation for sql server 2016.

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2019 6:41 AM
  • but are there any support matrix can found on the web/msdn ???

like oracle, they has matrix talking about like java/jdbc compatibility with database versions.

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:07 AM
  • Hi sakurai_db,

System.Data.SqlClient is a part of .net framework, I would suggest that you could get more information from the version of .net framework.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2018/

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support

Monday, January 14, 2019 8:42 AM
  • ok. ~ but are there matrix ?
    Monday, January 14, 2019 9:25 AM
  • Hi sakurai_db,

As far as I know, SQL Server data provider does not have relevance matrix like oracle. which is a party of the .net framework. 

Best regards,

Zhanglong

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:57 AM