none
Copying a file from an FTP location into Azure DataLake

Question

• Hello, I have followed all steps shown in - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/data-factory-ftp-connector

So far, the data sets are created, linked servers were created, the pipeline is created. The diagram for the pipeline shows the logical flow. However, when I schedule the ADF, to do the work for me. It fails. The input dataset passes, but when executing the output dataset, I am presented with the following error. 

Copy activity encountered a user error at Source side: ErrorCode=UserErrorFileNotFound,'Type=Microsoft.DataTransfer.Common.Shared.HybridDeliveryException,Message=Cannot find the file specified. Folder path: 'Test/', File filter: 'Testfile.text'.,Source=Microsoft.DataTransfer.ClientLibrary,''Type=System.Net.WebException,Message=The remote server returned an error: (500) Syntax error, command unrecognized.,Source=System,'.

I can physically navigate to the folder and see for myself the file, but when using the ADF, I ma having issues. The firewall is set to allow the connection. Still I am getting this issue. As there is very minimal logging, I am unable to nail down the issue. Could someone help me out here? 

Cross Posted at StackOverflow

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

• Edited by Paul Eugin Francis Monday, April 10, 2017 2:02 PM Cross Posting Reference added.
    Saturday, April 8, 2017 5:50 PM

All replies

• As you've noted, this is a dupe of a Stackoverflow question.  Lets finish the conversation on Stackoverflow.

Thank you,

Guy

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:14 PM
  • Hello, as you can see SO has not got many audience attraction. Would you be able to provide some insight? 

Happy to help ! When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answered

Monday, April 24, 2017 3:20 PM
  • I am seeing the same problem, same error.  Working with AzureDF v2.  Tried every combination that I can think of, did you ever get this to work?

I am trying to get files from a government FTP server that I can access through FTP.

Sunday, December 31, 2017 9:42 PM