none
How to find value in acces database and return it in a MsgBox RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am looking for a way in VisualBasic to create somthing that when I put something in ex. Textbox1 that the program automaticly searches in the database and returns it value (row), ex. MsgBox("Data gevonden !" & row1 & row2 & row3 & row4)

Just a developer.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:56 AM

Answers

• Hi, I want to make an POS aplication and the thing is that I want to use a Barcode-scanner. So when the scanner scans a product etc. Marconi Purple then the scanner wil put in the program a code etc. 1 . That code is also in the database, now I want that when I scan a code the program searches in the code in the database ans then returns the row in a messagebox. Etc. Scanned object: Marconi Purple; Value: 1.20€; Stock: 1; etc.

Just a developer.

Here is a fully working project, if the code is found it's shown in a MessageBox, if not nothing is done so you could show a MessageBox indicating this or something else.

https://github.com/karenpayneoregon/WorkingWithAccessDatabases/tree/master/SimpleSearchExampleForumQuesion

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by DJJASPER21 Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:13 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you be specific e.g. search on a specific field, do you want an exact match or a like condition? 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:29 AM
  • Hi, I want to make an POS aplication and the thing is that I want to use a Barcode-scanner. So when the scanner scans a product etc. Marconi Purple then the scanner wil put in the program a code etc. 1 . That code is also in the database, now I want that when I scan a code the program searches in the code in the database ans then returns the row in a messagebox. Etc. Scanned object: Marconi Purple; Value: 1.20€; Stock: 1; etc.

Just a developer.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:54 AM

Just a developer.

Here is a fully working project, if the code is found it's shown in a MessageBox, if not nothing is done so you could show a MessageBox indicating this or something else.

https://github.com/karenpayneoregon/WorkingWithAccessDatabases/tree/master/SimpleSearchExampleForumQuesion

StackOverFlow

• Marked as answer by DJJASPER21 Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:13 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:36 PM
  • Wow it works, thanks !

I will definitely put you on the credits in my program!

You're so great !

Just a developer.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:14 PM