Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x80070070. There is not enough space on the disk. Smart Device Project RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

ive made a smart device project with a simple file upload on my sharepoint document library, ive added references of my MOSS 2007 dll in the project also, but when i build it i get this error 

Error 2 Deployment and/or registration failed with error: 0x8973190e. Error writing file '%csidl_program_files%\cecamera\system.workflow.componentmodel.dll'. Error 0x80070070: There is not enough space on the disk.

im using Mobile development 6 SDk refresh.

any ideas? thanks

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 10:56 AM

Answers

• Whatever is your goal you can't use desktop DLL on device, that just won't work. You must find find another way to accomplish what you need. Say, SharePoint probably exposes some web service which you can use instead. You might want to ask in SharePoint related forums.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by talhak Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:37 AM

All replies

• That usually happens if you have added reference to one or more desktop DLLs. Not only that makes your project invalid, it also triggers deployment of the desktop framework DLLs. That can't possibly work but it sure would use up a lot of space on your device or emulator so it would run out of storage.

What to do: remove references to MOSS 2007, there's no way you can use these (nor you can possibly need them as you can't run SharePoint on smart device).

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 2:23 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for the reply.

im not actually using SharePoint on my device, im just referring to the DLL to use sharepoint lists in order to do the upload action in a document library of a image file on my portal on the internet, wont that work in any way ? thanks

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 4:07 AM
  • Whatever is your goal you can't use desktop DLL on device, that just won't work. You must find find another way to accomplish what you need. Say, SharePoint probably exposes some web service which you can use instead. You might want to ask in SharePoint related forums.

• Marked as answer by talhak Thursday, December 2, 2010 12:30 PM
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:37 AM
  • thanks
    Wednesday, December 1, 2010 7:22 AM