Mac OS X problems RRS feed

• Question

• I'm running both Safari and Firefox 3.0.5 on a Mac iBook G4 1.42 GHz, OS X 10.4.11.

The Silverlight  site has verified the plug-in as installed and ready for use.

When I try to "CATCH UP" on itv.co.uk I'm re-directed to the Silverlight installer button.

ITV insist that my Silverlight plug-in must be incorrectly installed.

Any ideas? Is there a site where I can test the plug-in? 

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:50 AM

Answers

• I too have an exact same problem....it confirms that silverlight is installed but the itv page insists that I need to install it!!!! I have done so, 3 times now and still it refuses to work. Long live macs!!!(at least you dont get a blue screen of death) Geoff Coulson
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:38 AM

All replies

• The silverlight intall page is once place to check it: http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx

I think outside the UK it redirects to itv.com, so hard to test.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 8:04 PM
  •  Thanks for that. Sadly that was the resourse that I used to validate installation, so I remain puzzled.

Thursday, January 15, 2009 6:31 AM
  • I too have an exact same problem....it confirms that silverlight is installed but the itv page insists that I need to install it!!!! I have done so, 3 times now and still it refuses to work. Long live macs!!!(at least you dont get a blue screen of death) Geoff Coulson
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:38 AM