Database Mirrroring Error:1418 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I am trying to mirror the databse with a witness server.

I have installed three sql server 2005 EVAL EDITION  with SP2 for principle ,mirror and withness .

The problem is when I click start mirroring, I get the following error

The server network address"TCP://serveraddress:7026" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote epoints are operational.

(Microsoft SQL server, error:1418)

I have pinged the address it works fine . The telnet comes up with a blank screen.

When I look at the the server log file viewer, I get the following message

An error occured while receiving data: 10054 (An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host)

for 'TCP://serveraddress:7026'.

Please help me soon

kranthikumar
    Monday, August 31, 2009 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi, Pls check the following: 1) Is the Db in mirrored server (mirroed Db) is in No-recovery state (it should be) 2)Is sql service a\c of all three server are same and in sync (Or) sql service a\c of all three server have access on one anothers. (it should any one). 3) Pls give fully qualified name like "TCP://MYserver.mynet.net:5022". Pls revert with details for further assitance
    Tuesday, September 1, 2009 10:58 AM
  • The server network endpoint did not respond because the specified server network address cannot be reached or does not exist.

Check the following thing:

1)  System Firewall should not block SQL Server port.

2)  Make sure TCP/IP protocol should be enable and port is by Default 1433.

Go to Computer Management >> Service and Application >> SQL Server 2005 Configuration >> Network Configuration and check these two things.
     3) TCP/IP should be enabling in SQL Server Client configuration.  Go to Computer Management >> Service and Application >> SQL Server 2005 Configuration >> Client Configuration
    Enable TCP/IP protocol.

If this is not the issue then make sure endpoint is accurately create.

Use following query for checking endpoint:

SELECT e.name, e.protocol_desc, e.type_desc, e.role_desc, e.state_desc,

t.port, e.is_encryption_enabled, e.encryption_algorithm_desc,

e.connection_auth_desc

FROM   sys.database_mirroring_endpoints e JOIN sys.tcp_endpoints t ON e.endpoint_id = t.endpoint_id

Goto here for more details.

Kapil Khalas
    Monday, September 14, 2009 6:55 AM