IIS Setting for Delegation RRS feed

• Question

• User1906119755 posted
    Quick question.  When using Kerberos delegation, can IIS have both Integrated Windows Authentication and Digest Authentication from Windows Servers checked?  I have both checked currently and have been able to use LDAP to check groups and such on Active Directory.  However, occasionally it will crash when trying to check something in AD, the dreaded InteropServices error.  Could the Digest option be causing a problem?  Like I said, it is intermitent.  Sometimes it will work fine for days and then all of a sudden one user will get the error while another doesn't.  Very hard to troubleshoot something like this.
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 4:16 PM

All replies

• User-1080377082 posted

If the user logs off and then back on to their PC does it start working for them again? I have a feeling it is with their Kerberos ticket. I would run kerbtray when this happens to find out if there token is expired.

Just a thought.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 4:30 PM
  • User1906119755 posted
    You are right, but the token isn't completely expired when this happens.  It is just expired for certain service protocols.  Is there a way to have that auto renew?
    Friday, January 19, 2007 10:57 AM