Problem after upgrading a Net 1.1 solution to Net 2.0 RRS feed

  • General discussion

  • Hello,

    I have a WinForms application developped on Net 1.1 runtime. This application is consuming an activex control that connects to a remote server and receive notifications (about 2000 per second), each time this ActiveX receives a notification it pushes up to the UI (managed code). After the upgrade, i've noticed a performance degradation. I suspect the matter is on the interop part so I've developped a single aplication with Visual Studio 2003 and the same with Visual Studio 2005 that simply consumes the activeX, messages incoming from the server are discarded. Well, the Net 2.0 application consumes about 10 times more than the Net 1.1 application. I suposed it was due to CAS checks, so I've turned off security, the results are the same.

    Please, help!!!!

    Monday, November 10, 2008 6:03 PM

All replies

  • You are going to have to put trace timers around the calls to confirm what you suspect. Otherwise, you won't really know if it is your code or if it is related to the new framework.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:48 PM