iot ic reader fail RRS feed

• Question

• I am acquiring data from an IC reader, a usb reader that works like a keyboard. it was working pretty well some few days ago. Today I found out that it's not working anymore. The Windows IOT recognizes it in the startup screen, but there is no response when a rfid card is on it, neither the green led indicator or the beep alarm shows the card was read. But it works perfectly when connected to Windows 10 desktop or an Android device without requiring any driver. I really appreciate your help.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 2:33 AM

All replies

• Hello jVega,

Are you talking about Windows 10 IoT Core or Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?

Can you provide a sample code that can reproduce this issue?

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi.

It is happening with an IC Reader for me aswell, the error is intermittent, restarting the Raspberry PI will at some point fix the issue.
    Meaning on some boots the IC Reader will work as intended and react to cards, when this happens it will keep on working for days/weeks, however a reboot might then break it again.

Hot plugging the device will not make the IC reader work only some reboots of the Raspberry PI will.

I don't know exactly how such a reader functions however it seems like it is not getting the final OK to perform the reads.

Is there any way for me to trace the USB initialization and see whether some specific part fails?

The IC Reader always works on a full Windows 10 Desktop, even hot plugging work here.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 4:02 AM