SQL Services 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• Tengo un problema con sql server 2005 services, el cual tengo una base de datos corriendo y todos los dias en las mananas hay que reinicirla porque esta como detenida, pero no aparece el signo de detenida, aparece el signo de running.

si le pongo reiniciar el servicio se normaliza. Quisiera saber si este problema es por alguna actualizacion, por un error en base de datos o porque hay que actualizar el sql 2005 a 2008.

para que me ayuden en este caso ya que de verdad no entiendo porque sucede este problema, he buscado en el log del sql y del s.o. y no aparece ningun reporte relacionado a servicios sql.

tengo un Windows server 2008 r2 std. y  microsoft sql server mangement studio express

Saludos,

Ivan Guerrero

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hell Ivan,

You have posted on a us forum where the current language is english.I think you have written in spanish and it is really difficult to try to translate your question.My knowledges in spanish are really tiny ( even if my aunt was coming from Catalonia ). I think you are using a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. you are trying to update from SQL Server 2008 towards SQ Server 2008.You are also speaking about SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE for 2008 SSMSEE for 2005 ) and i suppose that you have problems.

I warn you : there is a well-known issue with SSMSEE which forbids any upgrade 2005 ==> 2008 see this link :

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/2b630866-f21b-4916-9b0d-790bd2cc8f16/

and especially the posts of mike Wachal from August 24th which are explaining this problem and giving a solution  to execute before the update.

I faced this problem in the first days of August 2008, and the only solution known at that time was to uninstall everything related to the SQL Server Exoress 2005 if the upgrade failed.

Please, could you translate your post in english, it would be really kind for people who are not understanding the spanish language ( for example, i am french and i am not sure to understand more than 4 or 5 words from your post )

Thanks beforehand.

Have a nice day

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:27 AM
    Tuesday, May 10, 2011 10:15 PM